2016 Initiative Grants
The following Initiative Grants were funded by Winnetka Public Schools Foundation (Effective 2016-17 school year)!
- All Winnetka Elementary students benefit from the Orff Musical Instrument upgrade that continues the Winnetka tradition of active music making.
- Crow Island kindergarteners and first graders use “Simple Machines and Chain Reactions” to explore and solve tasks related to mechanical principles.
- An outdoor courtyard is transformed into a collaborative learning space with the "Tinkering in Nature” grant at Greeley.
- Geodesic Structures at Hubbard Woods investigate design thinking and construction.
- Padcaster systems enhance the use of digital media at Skokie School.
- Washburne received a TV Studio Upgrade with new technology that equips students to create more professional productions.
- Seventh grade students at Washburne have their genetics curriculum elevated using “23 and Me” kits to analyze science teachers’ DNA.