Where Foundation Funds Go
May 2017 Teacher Initiative Grants
(Effective 2017-18 school year)
WPSF gave over $100,000 to fund more than 20 grants to teachers across the five Winnetka Public Schools in 2016-17. To view the full list of grants, please look at our Annual Plan.
A few highlights include:
- Makerspace comes to Choice Time for Crow Island first graders with special materials to encourage collaboration, communication and problem solving.
- Hubbard Woods students explore the principles of flight, aerodynamics and scientific concepts with a wind tube.
- Integrated STEAM activities join the classroom at Greeley with new materials and sewing machines to allow students to design and create pioneer clothing.
- The Skokie School's courtyard evolves to a hands-on outdoor classroom that brings multiple school subjects together.
- Cutting edge microscopes using iPads and more sophisticated technology advance Washburne science classes.
- The NAO humanoid robot travels between all district schools and provides a hands-on approach to programming and robotics.
For more information on Past Grants, visit our Past Grants page.